Location: 7 Smeaton Cl, Aylesbury HP19 8HL, UK
Salary: £8.75 - £12.43 per hour
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:
Fedbucks is looking for Bank / Zero hours Drivers to join its Out of Hours Teams across Buckinghamshire. This role requires the applicant to be flexible and able to undertake alternative duties as required. Various hours on a permanent or ad-hoc (Bank) basis are available. Drivers should hold a full driving licence and be aged 21 or over for insurance purposes.
FedBucks is the General Practitioner (GP) Federation for Buckinghamshire which is part of a wider 24/7 Primary Care Collaborative with other healthcare providers. FedBucks began providing GP Out of Hours Services in Aylesbury and High Wycombe from 3 April 2018.
Hours of Work:
Weekday evenings, Weekends and Bank Holidays.
Shifts between 18.00 – 08.00 Mon – Thursday, 18.00 – 8 am Friday – Monday including Christmas and Bank holidays
All FedBucks clinical and operational applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Ensure that all equipment is functioning before leaving the base.
- Ensure that vehicle is roadworthy and complies with relevant legislation.
- If necessary carry out simple maintenance on the vehicle such as a tyre change
- Ensure that vehicle is left clean and tidy at the end of the shift.
- Complete the relevant forms to report any defects.
- Complete the itemised vehicle checklist on arrival at base, ensuring the car log is maintained.
- Ensure that the vehicle is left in readiness for the next driver to take over.
- Ensure that vehicle and bags are fully equipped and that car is left with no less than 3\4 tank of petrol.
- Ensure the Coordinator is kept up to date with the “state checks” to inform of location.
- Ensure the driver/Doctor documents on the system “en-route and Clinician arrived”.
- Assist the duty doctor in the use of the computer system if necessary.
- Ensure that all faulty equipment is reported to the Coordinator immediately and followed up with written fault report.
- To regularly check their emails.
- To attend at least 50% of the operational meetings held.
- All staff must complete their mandatory training and ensure it is kept within date.
- To fully understand how to operate a manual system within the vehicle.
- Ensure the drivers fully understand the Escalation policy.
- All drivers must be aware of how to raise a concern and register a datix.
- Should an urgent visit come to the car every effort needs to be taken to complete this, should you go over your shift time then you will be paid.
- Every driver must clearly understand the Patient Safety calling, comfort calling and courtesy calling LOP and their responsibility.
Although this will be mainly a driving role, it is the expectation of the service for staff to be multi skilled to cover other roles. All staff will be trained to work across the Receptionist and Coord Assist roles.
Salary is from £9.00 – £12.43/hour depending on the shift. In addition, following your probation period, you will be auto enrolled in the Fedbucks pension scheme subject to qualifying earnings and age.
Hours of Work
Hours of work are negotiable to meet the service level requirements. You will be expected to work Out of Hours including weekends and Bank Holiday. There may be restrictions on leave in certain busy periods.
All information obtained in the course of the potholder’s duties should be treated as strictly confidential. Any breach of confidence or disclosure of such information, without express permission, may lead to disciplinary action. The post holder has a responsibility to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Code of Practice on Confidentiality.
The duties of this post are a guide to the range of responsibilities that may be required. These may change from time to time to meet the needs of the service and/or the development needs of the post holder.
Health and Safety at Work
The post holder is required to take responsible care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work. The post holder is also required to co-operate to ensure that statutory and departmental safety regulations are adhered to.
All duties must be carried out in accordance with policies and procedures and with regard to Data Protection Act 1998.
FedBucks is an equal opportunities employer and you will be expected to comply with all relevant policies and procedures in this area.
FedBucks is a non smoking organisation and you are therefore required not to smoke in any of the buildings where FedBucks business is carried out or vehicles.
Travel to other sites
You may be required to travel to other locations.
The post holder will be required to undertake any other administration duties according to the needs of the service. This may include working from different locations or carrying out tasks not normally assigned to them. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of activities, but rather an outline of the main areas of responsibility. Any reasonable changes will be discussed and agreed with the post holder before any variations to the job description are made.
Download PDF Spec.